Tips for Accu Mark Shims Facts
- Use the minimal amount of ACCU
MARK pre-cut shims possible to obtain the desired thickness. This will
make for a more stable alignment.
- When using multiple ACCU MARK pre-cut shims, make a [thin
sandwich] by placing thinner shims between two thicker shims on the top
and bottom. This will make positioning easier and eliminate damage to
the thinner shims.
- Before reusing ACCU MARK shims, be sure to clean them of oil
and dirt etc. This procedure will ensure that the correct and desired
thickness is achieved, and the equipment will align precisely.
- Do not use any ACCU MARK shim that is wrinkled, bent or bowed.
- To assist in reinstallation, place a small bit of oil on the
ACCU MARK shim. This procedure will allow for easier horizontal moves.
- As a matter of practice, place a .025 ACCU MARK shim under each foot of the equipment.
- Always raise equipment enough for easy ACCU MARK shim insertion. Never drive shims under a foot with a hammer.
If all of the above procedures are followed, you will have total success using ACCU MARK shims.